Wednesday, January 23, 2013

You get what you get...

...and you don't pitch a fit.

It's our family motto...it has to be - we have eight children.

I am 32 years old this year, about to be moving in on the big 3-3, and it makes me wonder - how many other 32 years olds have 8 elephants pounding up and down their stairs?

We are a blended family, who miraculously, ended up with a child, between the two of us, born for every year from 2001 until 2008. Then we started anew together and had our first daughter together in 2010. I know, wait a minute...that's nine births in total, right? Your right. A sweet little son of my husbands passed away as an infant. So, while we have 80 tiny toes in our house, we also have one set of wings.

It's 2013...and we have the first one born in 2001...so that makes the oldest...11?! Yes, that is correct! We often get the "bug eyes" when people realize we have 8 children all under the age of 11. That's 5 girls and 3 boys. For half the year we have "stairs steps" and the second half of the year we swap into multiple sets of "twin ages".

My husband and I both work full time; and my husband is in school full time pursuing his masters. He will wrap up his degree this spring and I will gear up to return full time myself in pursuit of finishing my bachelors. We have seven of our eight in school...Pre-K to 5th grade. Next year, our oldest will be the first to break the elementary school barrier and move on over to the world of pre-teens. Oh my! 
I decided to start this blog as motivation and as a creative outlet.

Motivation - We just moved into a new home this past summer. Seven bedrooms and four baths = a lot of projects that need to make our house a functional home. Between work, school, soccer, basketball, drama, homework, birthdays...well all of my planned projects have stayed in the puffy dreamy clouds in my head. Well, it's time to bring those clouds down to earth and apply them to my pantry and the harry potter closet. I love to read blogs and have recently fallen in love with iheartorganization. While reviewing all the nooks and crannies of Jen's wonderful blog she said something just knocked me out of my computer chair:

Her blog keeps her motivated to get projects done! That totally makes sense to me! At that moment, I finally felt the will power welling up to get off my hiney and pull one of those clouds down.

Creative Outlet - Simple fact - I am artsy by nature. I have art supplies stashed everywhere and I am simply drawn to Etsy and DIY blogs. I dream and drool over labeled baskets, chalkboard paint, adorable craft papers prints, and more! My husband believes I like vicariously through our children - I think it's the underlying innate desire to be a kindergarten teacher that haunts me!

So, there you have it - my first blog, my first inspirational message to myself, my first concrete - "you said it, know you have to do it" -moment.


                                                                                                         Breathlessly Worn Out,

                                                                                                     Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment